Theatre New Brunswick is seeking scripts to workshop for its Fall Festival of New Plays, taking place September 27 – October 3, 2021. This year’s festival will be significantly smaller than last, but it is happening! If you are a New Brunswick born or based playwright, and you have a full-length script that is ready for a workshop, we’d like to hear from you.
This year, if possible, we will do a few readings in person. We may do a few online as well, given things still seem uncertain. Bear with us, we’ll figure it out.
The Fall Festival of New Plays supports artists in their creation process. This might mean that you work “traditionally” and you have a script and need time with a dramaturge and a cast of actors. It might mean that you and your team need studio space to create and move. We will work with you to help you take the next step with your play.
We’d prefer to work on ideas and scripts that are already in development, as opposed to ideas that are very new. The projects and the creators should be ready for outside input, criticism and collaboration.
What we will provide:
- A dramaturge to work with and help establish goals/writing schedule
- A cast of actors to read your work
- A director who will direct your final reading or Event
- A fee for the applicant/playwright (we’ll negotiate if there isn’t one main writer)
A selection committee will review all applications and select the artists and works that will be supported. The committee consists of Jena McLean (Playwright, TNB Theatre School’s Playwriting Instructor), Lara Lewis (Actor, Dramaturge), and TNB’s Artistic Director Natasha MacLellan.
Send applications to email@example.com with subject line TNB Fall Festival Submission.
Please include the following in your application:
- a cover letter that details the development history of your play
- a clear idea of what you hope to achieve during the process
- what you think you need (if it is above and beyond the support we outlined above)
- a copy of your script
DEADLINE TO APPLY: August 23.