Registration for TNB Theatre School Fall – Winter Programs begins August 25
I love TNB because it gives you a chance to be who you really are without having to worry about what other people will think about you. Everyone accepts you. I love that it feels like we’re all one big family. – Liam, age 12
The confidence developed through this program is fantastic. This is one activity in our busy schedule that she never wants to miss! - Kim Fullerton, parent
Theatre New Brunswick Theatre School, endowed by the Stephen Graham Bird Trust, offers outstanding training in acting, voice and movement, song and dance in a fun and supportive environment to over 300 aspiring performers each year. TNB Theatre School offers programs throughout the fall and winter terms as well as week-long summer programs at all levels. Registration for TNB Theatre School’s Fall – Winter Programs begins August 25.
“We pride ourselves on offering the leading pre-professional theatre training in the province,” says TNB Theatre School Director Tania Breen. “Nearly 60 TNB Theatre School alumni are either currently working in professional theatre or pursuing professional training.”
“What sets the TNB Theatre School programs apart is the access to professionals in the field. The students learn from directors, actors and musicians who are working in their respective fields. In turn the students are treated like professionals, they get a real taste of what it’s like to take a script from a page to a stage. The year-end productions in the upper levels are fully produced by professional designers and production staff.”
- Playtime Theatre (Preschool – Grade 2): Discover acting, singing and dance and the basics of theatre through a series of games and exercises. (12 weeks) $175
- Junior Musical Theatre (Grades 3-5): Receive introductory training in music, voice, dance and acting and wrap up the term with a 30-minute musical theatre performance. (12 weeks) $300
- Intermediate Musical Theatre (Grades 6-8): The next step in ‘triple-threat’ training! Study intermediate voice, dance and acting and present an hour-long, fully-produced spring production mentored by professionals. An audition is required for this program. (24 weeks) $600 +HST Audition required.
- Intermediate/Senior Acting (Grades 6-12): Focus on acting training and performance through the study of movement, acting theory, voice, and improvisation. The course culminates in a full-length, fully-produced spring production mentored by professionals. An audition is required for this program. (24 weeks) $600 +HST Audition required.
- Senior Musical Theatre (Grade 9 – Age 19): Study singing, dance and acting in this highly-focused course. A high degree of skill and discipline is required. The course culminates in a full-length, fully-produced spring production of the Broadway classic West Side Story at the Fredericton Playhouse, mentored by professionals. The production includes a full orchestra with young members being mentored by professional musicians. Audition required. (24 weeks) $600 +HST Audition required.
Playtime Theatre and Junior Musical Theatre students can register at the TNB Studio Theatre, 55 Whiting Road from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on August 25 after which registration will be taken by phone 460-1381 ext 106 or email email@example.com
Auditions for Intermediate Musical Theatre, Intermediate and Senior Acting and Senior Musical Theatre will be Sept. 10, 5:30- 8:30pm and Sept. 16, 4-8pm. Students can book audition spots starting August 25by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 460-1381 ext 106
“We have students who have come up through all levels of programming over the years but we also welcome new students at all levels,” says Breen. “Whether a student has aspirations of a career in theatre or wants to boost their confidence, we offer the environment and instructors for exploring and developing their skills.”
A limited number of Theatre New Brunswick Foundation bursaries are available for eligible students. To apply for our bursary program, please call the Theatre School Director at 460-1381, ext.107.
TNB Theatre School also offers Adult Ensemble for those over 19 who want to pursue theatre training. Whether you are a local community actor looking to brush up on your skills or a TNB Theatre School parent inspired by your child, Adult Ensemble offers a positive and welcoming environment to develop your own theatre skills. Audition & course information for TNB Adult Ensemble for the 2012-2013 program will be made available soon.
For more information visit www.tnb.nb.ca/theatre-school.
Media Contact: Heather Allaby, Director of Marketing and Development, Theatre New Brunswick,(506) 460-1381 ext 105